Standard-based Data Modelling Solution
For the Construction Industry
What are the five most common questions about Data Templates?
Standard-based data modelling solution for the construction industry
In order to break away from poor information management practices, data silos and analogue processes, the infrastructure and construction industries need robust data strategies based on the standards already available today. All market actors need support in standardising their data management practices and defining what data they need to exchange in order to meet the increasing demand for data throughout the value chain.
This is why, within the center of its platform Cobuilder offers a solution to help organizations to make a crucial step toward the practical execution of their digital transformation strategy. This step is achieved through the implementation of future-proof data structures called Data Templates within their existing IT infrastructure.
Cobuilder Define is offered separately to organisations looking at data standardization through data templates for their internal data management practices. It is also offered as part of all Cobuilder Enterprise solutions specially catered to manufacturers’, contractors’ & clients’ needs.
- Use API services to allow external stakeholders to communicate and use your data
- Ensure automated data exchange with all stakeholders in a construction project
- Avoid data replication between different local data providers
- Provide a centralised platform to be used by the industry
- Identify the product data needed in all phases of the information value chain for what you define as a ‘product’
- Identify data components and the relationships between them (property, attribute, group of properties, template)
- Define them in a data dictionary structure
- Create a common context for members/stakeholders
- Distribute agreed Data Templates to members/stakeholders
- Analyze the current data models used among members/industry actors
- Gather structured insights into the needs of current and future data consumers
- Consult in the development of Data Templates
- Communicate data modelling benefits to all affected parties
- Devise staged implementation plans.
- Entrust data quality to knowledgeable domain experts
- Create content based on credible sources such as building regulations and standards
- Monitor changes and track activity
- Ensure high data quality standards are maintained
- Lead your industry into the digital era
Cobuilder offers different solutions that cater to specific organisational needs.
Cobuilder Define lies at the core of Cobuilder’s platform and therefore is part of all Enterprise product offerings.
Please, contact a Cobuilder representative to discuss your particular needs in detail.