Construction Data Standardisation
For Authorities and Associations
Learn about latest standards related to construction product data
Standard-based data modelling solution for governments and associations
Governments and industry associations have a key role in supporting the market throughout its digital transformation. They can offer large-scale standardisation of the data definitions and structures for products, systems, objects, rooms etc. that is applicable across projects and countries. In doing so they can help businesses align with data management standards, reduce the risk of non-compliance with local regulations and ensure stakeholders work together towards market growth and collaboration.
With Cobuilder’s help associations can assume a leading position as a promoter of digital processes for their members/industry. This is achieved through the implementation of future-proof data structures called Data Templates that are agreed and approved by trusted experts with the latest knowledge in the field.
- Identify the product data needed in all phases of the information value chain for what you define as a ‘product’
- Identify data components and the relationships between them (property, attribute, group of properties, template)
- Define them in a data dictionary structure
- Create a common context for members/stakeholders
- Distribute agreed Data Templates to members/stakeholders
- Client’s data and documentation are studied, reviewed and collected
- Data is matched and transformed to the industry-recognised standard terms and structure
- Define is used to structure the data as properties, groups of properties and templates
- Define is used to distribute the agreed and trusted data models to industry members
- A (branded) library of generic object data for all association members to use
- Integration of generic object data into Revit through plugins
- Integration between data models and a chosen 3D model provider (upon contract agreement)
- API services to allow external stakeholders to pull agreed generic objects
- Entrust data quality to knowledgeable domain experts
- Create content based on credible sources such as building regulations and standards
- Monitor changes and track activity
- Ensure high data quality standards are maintained
- Lead your industry into the digital era
Cobuilder offers different solutions that cater to specific organisational needs.
Cobuilder Define lies at the core of Cobuilder’s platform and therefore is part of all Enterprise product offerings.
Please, contact a Cobuilder representative to discuss your particular needs in detail.