- Privately owned software company providing IT solutions for the construction industry
- International business, headquartered in Oslo, Norway
- Market leader in the domestic market, providing the only centralised system for EHS documentation & product data management in Norway
- Winner of multiple innovation awards in the newly entered UK market
- Rapidly growing company employing 50+ R&D experts including architects, structural, MEP and HVAC engineers
- Strategic contributor to major international standardisation bodies such as ISO, buildingSMART, CEN and CENELEC
- Respected partner in industry associations and initiatives such as CPA Europe (LEXiCON), UK BIM Alliance, FIEC, UNIEP, PPBIM
- Investing in research sponsorships and online courses for education of BIM experts
- Developing solutions integrated with Autodesk Revit, Navisworks and ARCHICAD
- Certified Microsoft Gold Partner
We are Digitising the Construction Industry
Today, our work has become associated with an industry-wide shift towards more rigorous digital processes called BIM. BIM promotes an open, standardized and collaborative approach to managing the built environment. BIM requires the joint efforts of all industry players in order to be not a revolution but the natural evolution of how we build today.
In times when BIG IDEAS such as the Internet of Things, Industry 4.0, mixed reality and big data are shaping the future of the construction industry, the step towards standard-based, paperless, interoperable product data is crucial. So it is also part of our mission to help all actors realise that in order to see the benefits of digitalisation we have to work together to unlock the now siloed potential of digital product data. Be part of that change that is here and now.
- To digitise the construction industry.
- Тo support the implementation of BIM in the construction sector. We stand firmly behind standardisation and digitalisation as means to optimising the AEC industry.
- To focus on providing all industry actors with the most relevant product data – crucial for the application of more rigorous digital processes.
- To achieve the highest possible compatibility of our software products to the principles of common data sharing and openBIM.
- To constantly improve our product portfolio and thus help all actors in the construction supply chain to collect, use and exchange structured data effortlessly, transparently and reliably.
- To go beyond providing solutions at the national level and to have our software platforms gradually implemented internationally.
It is our vision:
Below you can find the simple but demanding values that we at coBuilder are committed to follow and the kind of brand we are determined to be:
- Collaborative – each building project is dependent on the collaboration and the communication between various actors. Through cooperation we aim to build an information future that allows a seamless exchange of digital data across the different roles involved in the built environment.
- Innovative – or in other words not just to be able to discover new horizons that others cannot see, but also to turn them into practical products with actual efficiency benefits for all industry players.
- Competent – we have in-depth knowledge and experience about the industry’s product information needs; every single employee of coBuilder is involved in the search of better digital processes and ideas that will change the way we build today for the better.
- Sustainable – coBuilder is devoted to developing products that enable, enhance and promote the construction of environmental/sustainable buildings and infrastructure.
- 2017 – ProductXchange evolves as the industry’s only Asset Information Management tool offering the full spectre of functionalities to cover the client’s and contractor’s BIM Information needs
- 2016 – the PDT development work becomes the basis of goBIM – coBuilder’s tool for manufacturers helping them to digitise their product data.
- 2015 – coBuilder further engages with all Europe-wide digitalisation initiatives by developing a complex Product Data Template concept based on international and EU harmonised standards.
- 2014 – ChemXchange is rebranded as ProductXchange together with a perspective shift from handling REACH (chemical) requirements to focusing on the product as the most essential building block of the digitalisation in the industry.
- 2013 – BASS evolves into – a chemicals’ management system intended to cover the needs of the European construction related to the EU regulations in the construction industry.
- 2009 – an agreement is signed establishing the use of BASS in the automotive industry; BASS is granted EU funds for the further development of a solution for the European construction industry.
- 2007 – a new push from the market to have the link between products and their relevant documents determines the next step – BASS starts to evolve as a digital database with a cutting-edge document linking functionality.
- 2001 – BASS is introduced as the first chemical information system in Norway, entirely supported by all major construction associations.
- 2000 – a step is made further from the CD-ROM to web-based technology.
- 1997 – coBuilder is established. The business kicks off by introducing its first digital tool – a database for construction products, developed to answer the increasing architects’ demand and provided on a CD.
- 2.5 Million products with up-to-date information and documents are available in our systems
- 1.2 Million relevant documents are linked to their respective products
- 70 thousand construction projects have used our software platforms
- 20 thousand active users are using our systems every day
- coBuilder offers over 1200 Product Data Templates
- based on 2 international classifications and
- and compatible with 11 national classifications (UK, US, Norway, Sweden)
- All our product data content is available in English
- 100 Product Types (PDTs) are translated into
- 11 languages as a result of the European project ProductInfoX